Cedar Grove United Methodist ChurchCedar Grove, NC
The Cedar Grove Untied Methodist Church has served the community of Cedar Grove since the founding of the church in 1832. After a devastating fire, the architect was hired to create a facility that re-established the center of this rural community and one that offered the benefits of accessibility and modern construction. Due to the setback on the southern property line and the substantial cemetery to the north, the plan for the facility was created in three parts - fellowship hall, sanctuary and education wing. These are anchored by a central bell tower and narthex. A main north / south axis connects the various spaces and the use of full glass doors and sidelights provides a visual connection to the cemetery beyond.